Visiting Park Dental Care during the COVID-19 pandemic
Posted on 18th March 2020 at 09:12
Many of our clients are understandably concerned about the recent COVID-19 outbreak. At Park Dental Care we have introduced every possible measure to ensure the dental health and comfort of our clients while minimising the risk of spreading infection. Here’s a guide to protecting yourself and others during this time.
Should I keep my dental appointment?
Park Dental Care is currently open during regular operating hours, and we are vigilantly reviewing the risks to our clients in light of new scientific information on a daily basis. If you are in good health and do not have any symptoms of infection, the scientific evidence is that you do not pose any risk to others if you maintain good personal hygiene. For our more vulnerable clients who are worried about visiting the practice during this time, please rest assured that we are taking extraordinary measures to keep you safe – we urge you to contact us if you have any questions about your visit.
To help us combat the spread of COVID-19 we ask that you:
• Brush your teeth, wash your face, and thoroughly wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds before leaving for your appointment.
• Thoroughly follow our instructions when entering the practice, especially by using the hand gel provided.
• Promptly attend at your allotted appointment time to minimise the amount of time you spend sharing a space with other people.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, place used tissues in the bin, and wash your hands afterwards.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
What should I do if I’m not feeling well?
If you have a dental appointment scheduled and you feel unwell in any way, please telephone us before visiting the practice. The symptoms of COVID-19 that you should be aware of include:
• A new continuous cough
• High temperature
• Shortness of breath
You can check the latest government guidelines for updated information about what to do if you are experiencing these symptoms and we have measures in place for treating clients who may be infectious. The first step is to call us to explain your situation. We can use photos, video, and your own description of your issue to determine the best way to help you (having WhatsApp installed on your phone is helpful in this situation). Should you need immediate dental care, we have a special facility to enable you to be treated in isolation.
What steps is Park Dental Care taking to prevent infection?
You can feel confident that Park Dental Care is taking the current situation seriously and is doing everything possible to ensure the safety and well-being of all our clients. We would hate for anyone to miss out on the dental care they need because they are worried about the risks of contracting COVID-19, so please do call us if you feel vulnerable because we are putting a lot of safety precautions in place.
Our approach includes:
• Making sure that clients follow the hygiene requirements we have outlined above.
• Diligently cleaning the common areas of our practice as often as we clean the dental surgeries.
• Following our usual practice of wearing masks and gloves, sterilising all our equipment, and thoroughly washing our hands before and after each appointment.
• Dissuading clients or staff whom we believe to be infectious from becoming a risk to others and ensuring that there are no incentives to a potentially infectious person to put clients or staff at Park Dental Care at risk.
If you have any concerns about your upcoming visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us and one of our friendly team members will be happy to advise you.
Share this post: