Are you happy with your smile?
Posted on 4th June 2019 at 16:11
Do you hide your smile? According to a recent Oral Health Foundation survey, more than half of British adults regularly feel self-conscious about the appearance of their smile. If you’re one of them, make an appointment at Park Dental Care – we’ll soon have you smiling with confidence!
Show off your smile
Did you know that it is currently National Smile Month? The event (which runs between May 13 and June 13) aims to promote better physical and mental wellbeing by improving our oral health. Feeling good about our smile makes a huge difference in our day-to-day lives, yet many of us aren’t comfortable with the way our teeth look. A recent nationwide survey conducted by the Oral Health Foundation discovered that:
• Nearly one in five people (17%) have received negative comments from family members about how their smile looks.
• 51% of British adults often feel self-conscious about their smile.
• Less than a third of British adults (29%) are willing to pose for a photo with an open-mouth smile because they are self-conscious about their appearance.
Benefits of a healthy smile
Having the confidence to smile has numerous benefits for our health and general wellbeing:
• Smiling releases chemicals called endorphins in the brain, which helps to create an instant mood boost.
• An attractive, healthy smile improves your dating and employment prospects.
• Smiling helps to reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
• Good oral health care helps to prevent major health conditions, including diabetes, heart attack, and stroke.
How Park Dental Care can help
Our experienced team devote more than half their time to helping people with cosmetic dentistry. Dentist Timothy Webber is a member of both the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He takes great pride in changing his patients’ lives one smile at a time. Some of the cosmetic treatments we offer here at Park Dental Care include:
• Tooth whitening – in-office surface stain removal or professional at-home bleaching kits.
• Cosmetic veneers – thin layers of porcelain that improve the shape, size, or colour of teeth.
• Porcelain crowns – natural-looking solutions for broken or damaged teeth.
• Adult orthodontics – we offer removable, fixed, and invisible brace types.
• Hygienist appointments – for sparkling white teeth, fresh breath, and a healthy mouth.
At Park Dental Care, we are happy to advise patients on the best treatment plan for their needs. If you are interested in learning more about the various cosmetic treatment options we provide, please contact us to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to your visit.
Share this post: